Telecommunications Installation & Repair Technician
Looking for an opportunity to deliver the latest fibre-to-the-home technology in a rural telecommunications company that is driven to deliver excellent customer experiences? Brooke Telecom is a regional telecommunications company that is member owned and has been serving rural Lambton since 1911. Our values are based on delivering quality services to all our valued members with integrity and respect. We deliver fast fibre-based internet in rural Lambton county as well as phone, IPTV, DSL and wireless internet as well as cellular services. We have an opening for an energetic and enthusiastic person to fill the position of Telecommunications Installation & Repair Technician at our Inwood location. This is a full time position consisting of 40 hours/week reporting to the Operations Manager.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Friendly, positive customer service focused
- Ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Demonstrated proficiency of listening/problem solving/critical thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
- Ability to employ patience and self-control in handling frustrated customers
- Ability to work well with other team members across the organization
- Work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of products and services including, but not limited to internet, home phone, business phone and television services and associated products and services
- Must be able to lift 23kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Experience working around existing buried utilities an asset
- Familiarity with various telecom technologies (e.g. Fibre, Cat3 and Cat5 wiring, ADSL, VDSL, IPTV, IP networking, customer premise equipment, wireless network equipment and installation, etc.).
- Valid G driver’s license; restricted A license an asset
- Clean driver abstract
- Other duties as assigned
Experience in the Telecommunications industry an asset.
Brooke Telecom offers competitive pay, small company, and team atmosphere.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline to submit applications is August 6, 2021 at 4pm.
We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.