Join Our Team
Telecommunications Installation & Repair Technician
About Brooke Telecom Co-operative
Brooke Telecom Co-operative Ltd. is a regional telecommunications company that has served rural Lambton for over 110 years. Our mission is to deliver high quality communication services to our local communities with an exceptional customer experience with offices located in Inwood, Watford and Petrolia. We are a member owned co-operative company and serve our member’s fibre-based internet, phone, IPTV and cellular needs. Our company’s core values that we strive for are quality services, integrity and respect.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self driven person to serve as an installation and repair technician, working primarily from our Inwood Office. This is a fulltime permanent position consisting of 40 hours/week reporting to the Operations Manager. Duties include:
- Installation of fibre and copper-based phone, internet and IPTV services in residential homes and commercial buildings.
- Complete maintenance and repair using various diagnostic test equipment, tools and possibly construction equipment
- Positive interaction with members regarding equipment and services
- Continuously develop knowledge of products and services offered to members
- Perform all work in accordance with quality control guidelines and company policies and procedures including safe work practices
- Available occasionally to respond to on-call overtime for weekends or evenings
- Experience with tools and wiring processes
- Valid G driver’s license or restricted A license with a clean driver abstract
- Must be able to lift 23kg (50 lbs)
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Friendly, positive, customer service focused.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving/critical thinking.
- Ability to work well with other team members across the organization
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes
- Good organizational skills and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience in the telecommunications industry an asset or electronics / electrical background.
Brooke Telecom offers competitive pay, an excellent benefit package as well as a small company and team atmosphere.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We thank you for your interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.